In SINDH we called it BIHH. Its used here as vegetable. We cook it with fish, meat,spinach or on its own.Here is the recipe of BIHH curry. Try it, its very tasty.
- Bihh (half kg, scraped and sliced)
- Onion (two medium size chopped)
- Tomatoes (three chopped)
- Red chili powder (half tea spoon)
- Turmeric powder ( quarter tea spoon)
- Mix spices powder (garam masala powder-quarter tea spoon)
- Salt to taste
- Yogurt (three table spoons beaten)
- Oil (half cup)
- Coriander leaves ( two table spoons chopped)
- Green chili ( two chopped)
- water as needed
Heat the oil in a pan, add onions to it and fry on medium flame till they become golden.Add half cup water, tomatoes, salt, chili powder and turmeric powder to fried onions, cover the pan and leave to cook on low flame.
When water dries up, add bihh to it and cook for five six minutes then add yogurt to itmix and cook it very well, when the water in yogurt dries up then add enough water so the bihh are covered.Cover the pan and leave on low flame to cook.
When bihh are tender and water dries up then add green chilies and spices powder to it. If you want gravy add a little water to it. Let it simmer for five minutes. Turn of the flame and add coriander leaves.
Serve with rice or Roti.
Bihh slices should be half inch thick.
You can use lemon juice to enhance the taste.